After a series of contacts that the Foundation initiated with the Center Gabrielle and the visit of Director of the Center, we organized the participation of three representatives of the Ministry of Social Affairs at the Forum:
– Director of the Directorate of Social Welfare and Child Protection at the Ministry for Social Affairs Mr. Goran Kusevija,
– Director of the Home care for elderly people in Risan Mr. Zoran Vukicevic,
– Director of Komanski most – Center for persons with special needs Mr. Vaselj Dusaj. The President of the Foundation Prince Nikola Petrovic Njegos and the Secretary General of the Foundation Ms. Milica Perisic also attended the Forum.
Representatives of the Ministry of Social Affairs have returned very satisfied from their participation at the Forum, along with more than 300 representatives of various institutions and associations who advocate for the inclusion of persons with mental or physical problems.
Montenegrin representatives became acquainted with the latest recommendations in preparation at European level, as well as with various activities and experiences from all over the Europe, especially in terms of the integration of disabled persons into the world of work. They also made new contacts with various actors in this field.
We have made the following program of cooperation with EASPD and the Center Gabrielle:
1. Visit to Center Gabrielle with two representatives of the Ministry and the Director of the Centre “Komanski most”, planned for September;
2. Enrollment of the Center “Komanski Most” in EASDP;
3. Montenegro’s participation at the next Congress 2016 in Salzburg;
4. Organization of the Congress 2017 in Montenegro
The Foundation has made interesting contacts in terms of various projects, particularly in the field of organic farming and inclusion of persons with disabilities.
We are looking forward to the possible cooperation with the Hungarian association “Simbiosys”, which has been implementing a very successful ecologic farm project with persons with disabilities for the past ten years.